Sunday, September 25, 2011

'Stop waiting for the Golden Ticket and enjoy the chocolate'

What a great women's conference this year! But I have to say, President Uchtdorf's talk was by far my favorite talk and a great way to end the night! I thought that his talk was very relateable to many women. If you missed it, here is the synopsis of what I got out of it.

He started out talking about the Forget Me Not flower and how sometimes we feel that we are forgotten. He continues by giving the great analogy of Willy Wonka and how everyone waits for the Golden Ticket and forget that they have yummy chocolate to enjoy! Isn't that so true! We are always waiting for the big pay day, or the husband or kid to make us feel whole, or the job that will change our lives, etc. We are so busy wanting something big that we forget to enjoy what we have.

He also made an emphasis on how we need to stop comparing ourselves to others and realize we will never be somebody else! We are who WE are! Which, I think most women...me included...need to work on. He also stated that we need to distinguish good sacrifices vs. bad sacrifices. Basically staying up late working on a church lesson was a good sacrifice vs. staying up late to make something for your girls church outfit to show off the next day at church was a bad sacrifice. Or even just sewing each member of the relief society something when they really don't need it, that's a bad sacrifice. I took that lesson as not focusing time and energy on things that are taking away from other people or projects that are more important.

All in all, it was a good, spiritually uplifting talk that I think every woman needs to listen to! Now bring on General Conference!! I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment