Monday, February 20, 2012

Update

Tucker:

So Tucker is now over 2 months! Time really does fly! At his 2 month appointment back on the 10th, he weighed just shy of 14lbs. He is our chunky monkey! Chubby babies are the cutest though, right? We love every roll! The only thing the dr. mentioned was that he was favoring his right side (which we already knew) so we have to try to have him use the left side more or he will have to be fitted for a helmet. We DON'T want that to happen! They are super expensive he said. Not mention they look incredibly uncomfortable.

Seeing him do more things is so exciting. He actually likes his tummy time which I am grateful for. I think it helps with his reflux a little because he toots like crazy when he is on his belly. He is getting better coordinated with his hands. He will hold his hand in a fist in front of his face, slowly stick his thumb out, then slowly move it towards his mouth and he'll go cross-eyed watching it move closer to his mouth. He loves watching the ceiling fan. It is very calming for him. He LOVES the big boy swing while watching Backyardigans. In fact, that's what he's doing right now. We are loving watching him grow and learn new things.

James:

Our ward split about 2 weeks ago because our previous ward was massive. I am actually glad for this since I couldn't keep track of everyone and I felt like a needle in a haystack. But because of this, there are a bunch of callings to fill. When James got a call from the Stake, he was worried. It turned out not being so bad. He was called to the Asst. Ward Clerk. There are 2 Asst. Ward clerks and he is the one in charge of membership. I think he is actually a little excited about it.

Other than that, nothing is really new for James. He is still working out at the Micron plant in Lehi doing carpentry. He is hoping to start finishing up our basement sometime this year. I am excited for that! We need that extra living space.

Brittanie:

Well, like I said before, our ward split, meaning new callings. When I got the call from the 1st counseler I was thinking Primary teacher. So when he said "Relief Society Instructor", my jaw dropped...ask James! I still don't know how I feel about it, but ready or not, here I go! So me and this man that I posted a pic of are going to become acquainted. This is George Albert Smith and I hope he is good to me. haha.




Besides that bombshell of news, I am just enjoying my time with Tucker. I have thrown a couple baby showers, got a lot of things done that were on my list, have hung out with my family a bit...currently I am planning Tucker's blessing that is on Saturday. Unfortunetly I have to go back to work on Monday. I am only part time but I have to work 5 days a week. Which is good for babysitting since I won't need a sitter for more than like an hour right now. But it's just a pain I have to drive there 5 times a week. Could be worse though=)


Well, there is the Stevens family update. We will keep you posted when more things happen. And I will post more pics of Tucker once our computer is completely set up.

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear how much you are enjoying Tucker.
    I actually like ward splits too. It is overwhelming when there are SO many people to get to know. Enjoy your new callings...you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete