Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pregnancy thoughts

So I have been thinking about what else I could post since I really don't want to post pictures that have me in them since I have been feeling super huge. So, I figured I would post some thoughts about pregnancy that I have discovered over the past 8 months.

Today I actually called my doctor's office just wondering if it was normal to all of a sudden swell like crazy! I have been swollen, but NOTHING like this! I was at work on Saturday and that was when it all hit really hard. It was like nothing I have seen before! It looked like I had 2 sprained ankles! I wouldn't have been so concerned if it had been a gradual thing, but it came on so sudden. So I called the dr. office to see if this was normal and because of a couple of other factors, they sent me to labor and delivery to get checked out. After a couple hours, all is good. THANK GOODNESS! So, I will just know that sprained looking ankles will just be there for the remaining 5 weeks...lucky me.

Braxton Hicks contractions are a very weird experience as well. They don't hurt me, just SUPER uncomfortable. It took me a while to realize that it really was Braxton Hicks, but now I get them all the time it seems. I suppose it's a good thing since it's getting me ready for labor.

Most women that I talk to get really bad heart burn during pregnancy, not me. I just get acid reflux which is more annoying than anything. I was not warned about this. It is a good thing for omeprazole and tums!

The waddling. Need I say more? People at work make fun of me because I waddle. I am not aware I am doing it, it just happens! I have to admit though, it helps my back so it doesn't hurt as bad.

One thing with this pregnancy that I am grateful for is the fact that I am the most pregnant during the winter. I am hot ALL THE TIME! I have a new found respect for women who are the most pregnant in the summer!

I decided not to take any pregnancy classes because I feel like I know enough about labor. I don't want to know ALL the details, but I feel like I know enough to feel comfortable delivering a baby. Now breastfeeding, that's a little different. That's the one aspect that I feel is a little bit more foreign to me. So, with my best friend Annie by my side, I went to the breastfeeding class last night. I am grateful I did it because it was very educational and I feel more comfortable for what's ahead.

So, there are some of my thoughts on pregnancy that I have experienced over the past 8 months. Even though this last month is going to be rough physically, we are so ready to meet Tucker and have our family grow by 1 more. Let's hope it goes quick and smoothly=)

2 comments:

  1. I have heard that drinking more water helps with the swelling...it seemed to for me, but everyone is different.

    I was opposite, I didn't go to the breastfeeding class but I did go to the childbirth class. A good part of it was knowing when to go to the hospital- well with me, my water broke and I went. It wasn't rocket science. :) You're right, I think you'll be fine.

    The hardest thing about breastfeeding for me was that at first the baby needs to be fed ALL THE TIME. I think this is frustrating for some mothers so they give up, but it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember all of that. What is funny about pregnancy is that once the baby is here, you totally forget about the pregnancy stuff. It's funny. It's rough at the end for sure, but once you have that little guy, you forget all about it.

    ReplyDelete