Sunday, March 3, 2013

In a nutshell...

So I realize it has been quite a while since I lasted posted something, so I am going to do my best as summarizing the big things that have happened since! 
 
The first biggest thing is Tucker's first birthday!  Yes, he is 1!  Crazy!  We decided to do a party with both families and be done in one swoop.  It was definitely chaotic, but that's all because I wanted everything to be perfect.  As in all the perfect decorations, etc.  They only have one 1st birthday, right?  It turned out great!
I made him this cute onesie with a "1" on it.  Look how happy he looks!  Priceless!
 
 I did a Backyardigans theme of course.  The centerpiece is my grass decor that I had in my house and I made the houses out of cardstock then got all the Ty Beanie's of all the characters.  It turned out pretty good I thought.
 I also made him a cute birthday hat.  You can't see it very well in this pic.  I also did a banner of his name that I hung on his high chair.
 When I ordered the sheet cake from Harmons I got a smash cake with it.  I just told them to match it.  Really??  They chose dark blue as the color!!  It was EVERYWHERE and it stained his hands for days!  Note to self: never again will I have them do a dark color on a smash cake!
This is Tuck finally figuring out what this cake smashing was suppose to be about! It took him a while to figure it out, but he finally did.  Then he started crying hysterically.  I think he got a sugar rush!
 His favorite gift was from us and great grandpa Sailor.  We have already tested this thing out since the weather is better and we love it!
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE my little family!
 Then there was Christmas festivities.  We went to the Stevens house for Santa and for the nativity.
Check out this handsome man!  I had to throw this in cuz he doesn't get enough credit!  He seriously is an amazing man and I am so grateful I have eternity with him!  (Even if he is a Cougars fan)
 Tucker hated Santa from the moment he walked in the door.  We had to stay at a safe distance or this was the outcome!  (I love the way Santa is looking at him in this pic! haha.)
 My little fam
 Cutest little cow ever!  Tucker was able to play the cow this year in the nativity.
 LOVE HIM SO MUCH!
 And one of Mardeen's gifts on Christmas Day was a box with this in it.  It says "Grandchild #28".  Yes, we are expecting another little one August 16, 2013! To say we were a little shocked it happened this early is an UNDERSTATEMENT!  Since it took so long to get Tucker, we for sure thought it would take us a little bit.  Looks like Heavenly Father realized we didn't need to wait as long for this one.  Ready or not....
 Then after The Stevens on Christmas morning we went to my parents.  We also gave my mom the same wrapped present but it said "Grandchild #6". Tucker loves his grandparents!  He is one lucky boy!
Then I also had a girls dinner with these 2 ladies.  I love my 2 best friends!  So glad we are still so close!
 
 Like I said before, we have taken Tucker's bike out for a spin a few times since the weather got warmer. 
 He has always love the swing!
 My big boy is a little dare devil! 
 A day at the park
 Just about to head out for another day at the park!
Well, that pretty much sums up the past few months.  Tucker turned 1, he learned how to walk, I found out I was pregnant, Christmas fun, and fun in the sun.  Hopefully more fun to come!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on baby #2. (I saw it on fb awhile back but I didn't comment) That is so exciting. It's crazy how they just come at their own time, isn't it? My little one loves Backyardigans too. I also love that little bike you got for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest little bike.He'll be cruising around on his own in no time. Loved the birthday too! So cute! Can't wait for our little ones to be great friends. I'm thinking either buddies, besties, or potential spouses? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete