Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yearly Midnight Run...or walk in my case

Us Sailor girls have started this tradition where we do the Midnight 5k in Sandy together.  If you flashback to last year I was about 6-7 months pregnant.  So, this year was better just for the fact I didn't almost have to ask a random person to use their restroom a mile in AND when I did run, I didn't feel like I was running with a bowling ball attached to my uterus.

Sara and I were running a little late to get there so Sara literally ran into line to start.  She is definitely the "fit" Sailor.  She is a great runner and does it regularly.  I have tried to run and tried to get into it...and...well...I hate it.  I would much rather do some other form of exercise.  I tried Pilates a few years ago with Sara and I LOVED IT!  If it wasn't so expensive, I would keep doing it.  But as for running, it is not my thing! So, the first 2 miles I walked with Heidi and Jody and I jogged the last mile.  My Aunt Debbie also was a go getter and ran/jogged the 5k.  My mom wasn't able to attend this year, but we did miss her!  She will be there next year when we do it!  Who knows, maybe next year I will try and run the entire 3.2miles...but don't hold your breath!

Here is me, Jody and Heidi during the race.  Obviously we didn't care much about the time if we stopped to take a picture! haha.  Also, notice the glow in the dark necklaces.  It is cool to see everyone there with glow in the dark stuff on.  Some people go WAY out!
 Sara and me just before heading home.  We are starting to look a little tired.  Mind you, it is about 1am at this point.
 Heidi, me, Sara, Jody and Aunt Debbie all done with the race.
Even though I don't love running, it is fun to get together with these women once a year at midnight to chat for 3.2 miles and make memories!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun tradition! I am with you, I have tried to get into running, but it's just not my thing. By the way, I love the hiking picture with the whole family!

    ReplyDelete