Friday, July 27, 2012

The ups and downs

Life definitely has it's ups and downs!  Thursday night after work I ran some errands and I was at Target and I was leaving (or trying to leave) and my car wouldn't start AT ALL!  So the history of my little car is this...it's a grandma car.  No really...it was James' grandma's car.  When she couldn't drive anymore, we bought it from her.  She had wrecked it pretty bad before so it didn't run really great, but heck...it got us from point A to point B...until last night.  It also was having major issues earlier this month but my amazing husband fixed those issues so we thought we were in the clear.  Think again.  So, Thursday night was a definite LOW because I thought we were going to have to buy a new car and now is just NOT good timing for that.
So because all this happened at 9:30p.m. and Tucker goes to bed at 7p.m., James had to wake the beast to come save the day.  Tucker was good at first, I think mostly because he never sees nighttime since he sleeps from 7p.m. to 7a.m. so I think he was just confused on what was going on.  This was him just pulling his new favorite move in his car seat. (Look at those yummy rolls...LOVE IT!)
 James was checking everything out to see what it was.  And James' awesome brother, Jeff came to lend a hand.  I am soooo grateful for James' family and how willing they are to drop what they are doing to help out the fam!  James just called to ask a question and Jeff said he was on his way...so awesome! 


Luckily my AMAZINGLY TALENTED hubby fixed it today!  Seriously, I am so grateful for my husband who can fix and build pretty much anything!  Saves us a lot of money and me a lot of stress! 

So, to counteract that horrible night, we went hiking today.  We really have been wanting to take the dogs and Tucker hiking, so we just did it.  We went up to Dog Lake trail in Millcreek.  It was pretty darn steep.  I was not expecting it to be that steep, but it was a great workout and pretty fun.  Mostly because I just got to hang out outside with my favorite men!  We didn't make it up to the lake because James had to be at his softball game, but there was still lots of water for the boys to play in!  There were streams that criss-crossed the trail.  Very beautiful trail and very shaded!  We will definitely be doing that again. Hopefully having enough time to go to the lake.






So I realize that life is going to have it's LOWS, it's inevitable, but I am just grateful for the HIGHS to help me get through the lows. 

1 comment:

  1. You are adorable and you are so right about the Stevens boys. We are pretty lucky. I'm glad Jimmy got grandma's car going again!

    ReplyDelete